Client Engagement Worker (Employment Specialist)
Internal & External Posting
Maternity Leave Full time 1-year contract
The Learning Enrichment Foundation (LEF) is a not-for-profit (with a social enterprise mindset) which provides a multidisciplinary and holistic set of supports for members of our community including those who are: in transition, new to Canada, out of the workforce, and a host of other individual circumstances. We currently knit together Newcomer Services, Child Care, Employment Supports, Skills Training, and Language Training.
If you want to join us, you need to understand that it is the little things that often have the most impact; it is through supporting and empowering individuals and families, (indeed the community as a whole) that we achieve our goals.
LEF is a growing organization and as such, any candidate hired into this position should find opportunities for a rewarding career with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We have a great compensation and benefits package and employ self-directed go getters who thrive on innovation and best practices. If the potential of our impact excites you, then consider joining our team.
For more information about the Learning Enrichment Foundation, please visit our website at www.lefca.org
We are looking for a team member who works as part of an integrated team. This includes but is no limited to employment coaching and settlement counselling as part of a broader mission of community engagement. In the role of Client Engagement Worker (Employment Specialist), you will provide a wide range of employment services and supports to assist community members, including newcomers, obtain stable employment and other skills advancement opportunities.
This role requires the strength to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances and the flexibility to respond creatively to enable individuals and families to become valued contributors to their community’s social and economic development. As part of the team, you are willing to take on challenges, rethink current models of service delivery and work proactively to bring out the best in community members, staff and yourself.
As a key member, you will be working with a dedicated team of professionals, who are highly committed to our community and who support employment and settlement needs, develop employer and community partnerships and are all strong leaders in their fields of expertise.
- Provide on-going case management including orientation, assessment, guidance, action planning, referrals, solution-focused counselling, settlement, employment supports, & tracks clients’ progress.
- Comply with the accountability framework, including meeting targets, as set out by the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Develop in-depth relationships with Clients to develop, monitor and follow-up actionable plans focused on strengthening of their assets and leading to a sustainable livelihood.
- Manage a caseload of 40 to 60 participants, ensuring that written documentation and statistics for each file are consistently up to date.
- Maintain and update LEF client database and required documentation in a timely manner. Update funder’s databases as required.
- Assist clients navigating various components of newcomer and community services.
- Facilitate full workshop roster in areas related to employment and newcomer resources.
- University degree and/or college diploma in career and work counselling or a related discipline. A relevant combination of training and experience will also be considered
- Proven experience assisting newcomers with settlement needs
- Sound knowledge of current labour market trends, Canadian workplace practices, job search strategies and techniques for effective job search
- 1-2 years of Employment Ontario services experience including second career, apprenticeship and experience in supporting clients through job maintenance
- Ability to manage an active caseload of 40 to 60 participants
- Results-oriented with strong oral and written communication skills, proven experience in advocacy
- Dynamic, vibrant relationship builder, motivator and connector
- Self-reliant with refined organizational abilities
- The ability to speak a second language including Somali, Spanish and Turkish an asset
- Knowledge and experience with online engagement tools (i.e. zoom, google hangouts, Microsoft Teams etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong time management skills and ability to work remotely and independently
- Flexibility and adaptability to the changing environment
Interested candidates should email their resume and covering letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Posting Date: August 25, 2020
Closing Date: September 11, 2020
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations, please contact Marta Alvarez at MAlvarez@lefca.org